Conditions of Hire
- During the period of hire, the hirer shall be responsible for the supervision of the village hall premises and its contents. This includes supervision of the village hall car park.
- The hirer shall not sub-hire or use the premises for any unlawful purpose, nor allow the consumption of alcohol without written permission.
- The hirer shall be responsible for obtaining such licenses plus any food preparation/serving insurance, food hygiene certificates, as needed.
- The hirer shall be responsible for any damage that occurs during the period of hire.
- The hirer shall give 2 weeks notice of cancellation of hire or a minimum of £20 will be charged. We reserve the right to charge/retain up to 50% of the booking fee for bookings cancelled within 1 week and up to 100% if cancelled with less than 24 hours notice.
- At the end of the period of hire the hirer shall be responsible for leaving the premises and surrounds in a clean and tidy condition, properly locked and secured. As a minimum, floors are to be swept (and mopped if necessary) and tables/work surfaces to be left clean. Please check that all lights are switched off and furniture is stacked back in its original location (please see photos on notice board).
- The committee reserve the right to cancel this hiring in the event of the hall being required for use as a Polling Station for a Parliamentary or Local Government election or by-election; in which case the hirer shall be entitled to a full refund of any deposit paid.
- All rubbish and jumble to be removed by the hirer. Kitchen waste only to be left in the BLUE wheelie bin, if this is full then the waste is to be removed. The floors should be swept and any spills cleaned up before leaving the hall.
- In the event of the hall or any part thereof being rendered unfit for the use for which it has been hired, the committee shall not be liable to the hirer for any resulting loss or damage whatsoever.
- Anyone wishing to use the field and/or the car park situated behind the Village Hall should apply to the School Governors, Corfe Castle CE Primary School, Corfe Castle. This area does not belong to the Village Hall.
- If music is played in the hall, then the sound level must be reasonable to respect the privacy of nearby neighbours. At any event, music must cease by 11pm. The hall must be vacated by midnight latest, by which time the hall must be left, clean, tidy & undamaged. The floors should be swept and any spills cleaned up before leaving the hall.
- The hirer has read and taken notice of the Village Hall's Fire Safety Management Plan documents published on our website or available in hard copy.
- The hirer has read and taken notice of the Village Hall's Public Liability Summary of Cover and Risk Assessment documents published on our website or available in hard copy.
- The hirer has read and taken notice of the Village Hall's Safeguarding documents (Safeguarding Vulnerable Adults Policy and Safeguarding Children & Young People) published on our website or available in hard copy. The hirer has a duty to report any abuse to both the relevant authorities AND the Village Hall Trustees.
- A £60 refundable deposit is required for all bookings. Deposit cheques will be destroyed if the hall is left clean, tidy and undamaged.
- The hirer shall note the Village Hall Users Guide and Conditions of Hire notices, located on our website & on notice boards in the village hall, and will be responsible for complying with all points therein. Failure to do so could result in the loss of deposits & future bookings being cancelled.
- The hirer has read and accepts the Village Hall updated Covid Guidelines which are in force until further notice and are published on our website or available in hard copy.